Monday, March 12, 2007

Dilemma--need your opinions

Glad you're feeling better, Em. No, I have not started the blog for my in-laws yet. I was waiting to hear an innovative name from you. Are you going to be in NY when they visit? I thought you were not.

James surprised me the other day with our anniversary present early. It's still tentative, but you know how the 1st anniversary is paper? He was wondering what I thought about tickets to Europe. It works, right? Of course, I loved the idea! But it's still tentative. We'll price it out in the next couple of weeks. I'm thinking two weeks to visit Italy and Paris, with the majority of time in Italy.

I hear viv is using both our rooms: mine for sleeping and yours for studio. And she might be taking down a wall in your room..j/k, but she did mention it.

Serina, when you were 3 (I think...or at least somewhere around elementary school time), we all said you were probably going to win the lottery someday. We didn't count on the fact that you'd be too stingy to even play the Lotto! Girl, you are lucky at all these gambling things! You should put away $1 every month to play Lotto. I'm sure you'd eventually win. You can give up $1 a month, can't you?

Viv, you've been really out of touch,huh? Did you turn into a hermit b/c your roommates suck so much? I love your new sense of crudeness! You use to be such a priss. I died laughing when you described your Pilates excursion.."jiggled" your "squishy butt" onto someone else's mat....LOL..I'm dying. Sorry I combined them, I had the visuals of your previous paragraph still in my head. About the tattoo--don't you read EVERY WORD I WRITE! I wrote different colors either in the paragraph above or below the pic. I have not watched the show much b/c they intersperse it with music videos (am I thinking of the right one?) and that bugs me. I have checked out books from the library.

Okay on to my sort of dilemma. It's got to do with my whole career and having kids thing. I didn't necessarily think it all the way through when I first made the decision to go back to school. The plan was to try having babies two years after being married. James and I were thinking I would be stay-at-home mom for a few years to get the kids going. Then I decided on nursing school, still thinking I'd be able to have kids right after I graduate--in two years. But if I'm going to be a stay-at-home in the beginning, what is the point of shelling out $50K for a second Bachelors (BSN-bachelors of Science in Nursing)? I didn't get into either of the master programs. I think I am most likely going to get into the bachelors but I'm thinking I should just do the RN (community/specialty school) b/c it won't cost as much. That way I'll still be set up to work after the kids are a bit older. After I've been in the field I like awhile, I can then decide if I want to spend $50K for a Masters. You can go from RN to MSN. My original plan was to shell out $50K for the BSN (b/c I didn't get into the Masters) and then later shell out another $50K for the masters. But I think this new plan (RN-Masters) is a bit more logical for my lifestlye and pocketbook. What do you all think? Do you guys have friends that are nurses?

No comments: