Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Congrats!

Congratulations Viv! When do you start? That's really exciting news! :-D

I'm doing alright. I've been debating whether I should quit soccer. The company has a team which is part of a local community league. I don't know if I should continue playing. We have games only once a week (Saturdays around noon). Lately (past few months), I haven't really been participating. I like playing soccer but I really suck. People are nice and encouraging, but at the same time, I don't really feel comfortable with anyone. (I've tried being friendly too). Anyway, I just feel like giving it up altogether as I kind of feel bogged down with it all. It doesn't make me feel good anymore. Well, I guess I made my decision.

On to a .. dilemma. So I've been working for about a yr and a half now. It's alright. I can't say I love it. The good thing is management has been trying to get me to focus on a career. So one goal of mine is to focus on my career: within the company and outside of it; and then whether outside of it would lead me elsewhere. Currently, I don't see myself here forever. blah..blah..blah. Point: I'd like some ideas/advice about jobs/activities any of you could recommend - things/jobs you could see me doing (based on your knowledge of me, i.e., strengths, weaknesses, etc.) I'm not asking you guys to pick a job for me (although that's what it sounds like), I'd just want some outside perspective and your input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

1 comment:

Viv said...

Hi Serina
Sorry this is so late. How long have you stuck with the soccer thing? It might take a little while for people to warm up to you or you to them, but I guess if you're not comfortable playing with them then don't play. I think if you like playing I say go for it because everyone usually sucks when they start anything but if you like it you'll get better.
I don't know what to see you as. Its a hard thing. I think I've always imagined you as a dentist I don't know that might be a little far fetched at this time seeing as you got an engineering job. I think if you want to try something new and you're not happy with your job I think it wouldn't hurt to search around a little. Sorry I don't know if that helps, but thats all I got. Good luck -Viv