Friday, June 15, 2007

Sorry, Viv...

You don't sound very happy. I died laughing about the bruised bum and bruised head--I can't believe you hurt them both twice! If you were seriously hurt, I would be sad..but you're not, so it's quite funny.

I am sad about the other stuff you mentioned: car, computer, Owen, job.
For the car, find another mechanic. You really don't want to wait for it to break down completely. And yes, he probably is waiting for it to completely die so he can make more money. "don't drive up hills"--you live in SF for goodness sakes--he is just biding his time. I can try to call my old auto teacher to see what he can do or recommend. What were you thinking asking Mommy to warm up your car for you? She doesn't drive stick.
Computer--at least Mac is replacing the hard drive.

Owen--he seems out of control. Are we able to cancel the internet at the house without Daddy throwing a fit? I know you probably need it, Viv, but you can probably pick up on some else's wireless. If not, there are plenty of internet cafes around with free Wi-Fi. What is he actually doing on the internet--does anyone know? We should be more than worried if he's hanging out in Chat rooms.
Em, I can't really put any fear in him when we live in different states. A phone call is not going to cut it. I'll try to talk to him, but the best I can probably do is ask Mommy not to nag and indulge him at the same time or anytime. He needs motivation and he's not going to get it when he's given money on a daily basis and has unlimited time on the computer/PS2/Nintendo DS.

As for being jobless, Viv, can't any of the people at your internship give you recommendations or ideas? You should ask your supervisor if you haven't already. You should at least find a job in the architectural field; whether it's being a secretary, receptionist, the coffee girl. Btw, have you updated your resume yet with all the new stuff you've been doing and learning? That's really important.

Em, unemployment is nice but eventually you're going to be bored and poor. I would look for a part-time to begin; it makes the transition back into full-time a lot easier. But if you have the money, keep playing until you become bored or poor. Eventually, you'll be wanting a job again.

I don't take Evening Primrose oil regularly. I don't know if it actually helped or if it was psychological. James didn't know why I was taking it--a little embarassed to tell him (I don't like to admit that I'm impractical when I'm moody). And he really doesn't believe in any of the herbal stuff or Eastern medicine. We huge disagreements when we get into discussions about Eastern meds; it's best to save the fights for the big ones (issues).

You don't have to differentiate b/w the Jameses; I can follow. I think as long as you warn James ahead of time of the family and that he might see another side of you that won't exist when it's just you two, it should be fine. I brought both my boyfriends home and one of them married me still, right?

I love to see pics of Gung gung in NY-send them!

Viv, you're going to have to grow a thicker skin with mommy. Just keep saying "yes, yes,.um-hmm...yes.." and keep doing what you want. She's use to being a mother of five and now she only has two to mother. Because of all the ridiculous things she's nagging you about, I'm thinking she just wants to have some quality time with you. Between your schedule and her schedule, you probably don't see each other much. Why don't you set aside a couple hours a week to spend with her? It could be dinner at home, invite her to a movie or play, take her to Filoli's or Golden gate park, etc. Or find a class you can both do together once a week. Also, sit her down and tell her that she's being too critical of you. Tell her you're a good kid; tell her all the bad stuff you could be doing but aren't; tell her you're busy working on a career path. You might want to ask her what exactly is bothering her, like why she get's ansy then a friend comes over or why she gets bothered when you've only been out twice a week. Do you tell her where you're going ahead of time? It might help to relieve some of her stress and therefore her nagging. You can also tell her eating before 7:30pm is healthier than eating later at night. If you eat earlier, there's more time for your body to digest b/4 bed and also, you'll be able to burn some of those calories with activities rather than have them stored as fat while you sleep.

I recommend running the Susan G. Komen 5K (breast cancer); I believe it's in the fall. Pretty easy run with no hills.

Sagey is a very light green; I picked out by matching a paint chip to my neighbor's bathroom walls. There are sliding doors in the diningRM/kitchen that look out on the greenbelt. The light coming in which isn't much will reflect the green from the trees and leaves, so it will look greener than it is.

Viv, is this the kitchen opt you like:

And what 1x1 green tiles were you talking about, the ones in the above pic or the ones for my bath vanity?

Em, you like this master bath opt the best?




Over this:





What do the rest of you girls think? How about carpet color--any opinions?

James' parents volunteered to come out and help. Mommy volunteered once she heard what they were doing. I don't think she really thought of it until then. But they're retired and she' not, so i don't blame her. Don't worry, I'll make sure they've felt like they got a vacation.

Okay, off to bed. I'm tired.

No comments: