Thursday, June 14, 2007

Hey girls...

Been busy with the old house. We just had the interior painted--I'll post a pic soon. And we're having the exterior painted. This is all on the current house, not the new. The paint colors are: interior=off-white/cool neutral; exterior=warm beige-brown with white trim and dark red accents.

Anyways, i'm pretty much finished with the design meetings so I won't have too much more option pictures to post other than my neighbors' houses. I won't decide b/w the vinyl and tile until I get the pricing back. It's an upgrade to go to tile in the main hall bath.

The blue that you're talking about, Em, is actually the scheme for the Main Hall bath. I didn't change it; maybe you just need to scroll down more. I forgot to post the scheme for the Master; I'll do that next. Which color of the little squares do you guys like better for the Main Hall bath: the monotone blue or the greenish mixture? These little tiles will be for the Main Hall vanity backsplash as pictured in the first 3 pics of the 'Standards- bathroom sink tile work' post.

The cabinets will be alderwood with a dark reddish finish, like in 4th pic of the 'Standards- bathroom sink tile work' post. We are having Cherry wood priced out in place of the alderwood, but it might be too expensive.

For the Master bath, I will have my neighbor's scheme priced out: pics #2, 4, 5 of the "Neighbor upgrade choices". I will also get a cool neutral tile scheme priced out; I'll post it soon. I don't really like the standard master tile for the bath/shower--it's too big and plain. The standard master tile for the floor and vanity are fine. But it really just depends on the pricing.

Please feel free to give me your thoughts/opinions on all the standards/options.

I've changed my paint choices. I'm going with Patience for all the interior walls, except in the kitchen/dining room which will be Sagey. The ceiling we are going to have left white or the same as our trim color. We're required to use Sherwin Williams. Does James have a preference for a particular paint company? If yes, what are the reasons for choosing that one. My James like Behr b/c of Consumer Reports.

Okay, enough about the house-I'm seriously consumed with it. How are all of you? Em, have you bought your tickets for SF yet? How is James? What have you been doing? I thought you wrote the article as well, but then I reread the beginning and realized it was someone else. Are you still coming to Seattle this summer? What are your plans?

Serina, have you looked more into buying a car? Let us know if you want us to do more research for you--the car dealers have only recently stopped calling us. How is your living situation coming along?

Viv, glad to hear you're enjoying the internship. Have you heard any more from the one that was going to pay you? How cool is that to design some of the buildings! Are you allowed to post your design layout on the blog so we can see?

James' parents are here; they will be staying till 6/27 to overlap with mommy's visit some. They've only been here two days, but have got so much work done. They made this trip specifically to help us ready the current house for listing. I'm going to take them out to have some fun too. I'll have mommy help with the garden work when she gets here.

Em, I heard interest rates went up 0.50%. Do you think it will go down in the fall? We're not locked into anything yet because it's too soon.

I take Evening Primrose as well but not of late--forgetful. It's suppose to help with moodiness, so I take it to give James a break. I should start taking it again....

No comments: