Friday, June 15, 2007

Blue over green

Sorry! I got the master bath mixed up with the main hall. I prefer the blue tiles, though I think the green and cream are nice too. The green and cream are more neutral.

As for the master bath, I like the standard options the best. I know it seems simple but keep in mind that you're seeing these rooms completely empty. You'll have towels and bathroom furniture and accessories when you actually settle in. Also those small 1x1 accent tiles are a b*tch to clean. I think the alderwood has a nice finish. I love that you're recruiting from all across the country (James' parents and Mommy) for house help.

I looked up Patience (nice) and Sagey (sounds green, but is not). I like them both. What color trim are you going to get? I don't know if James has a preference for paint brands, I can ask.

I haven't bought my ticket home yet. I have a free roundtrip voucher from Jetblue to fly anywhere they fly and I'm debating using it to fly home or for a vacation trip (they fly to Aruba and Dominican Republic and Mexico). I will probably use it to fly home though because I should save money. I think I'll be back August. James might visit as well. His dad lives in Nevada, near Reno or Tahoe (I forget) and he sort of invited me to go visit him. It's sort of hazy right now. We're both sort of saving up money right now (Asia really wiped me out) and if he comes to SF I still have to figure out where to stay. I want to be at home but I don't know how it'll be. You know. Might be a bit of a shock. He's fairly normal with normal family. He's extra super laid back though. You guys would like him.

Anyway, I know I should be looking for a job but I haven't been really. I like unemployment. It's horribly scandalous after working so hard and going to school and all but I could let my brain go to waste if I got to eat for free all day. I made leg o' lamb last night with asparagus and mini roasted potatoes. Speaking of, I talked to O yesterday and was just wondering, when he makes his own food - does he only eat pasta? Also, he's rebelling against getting a job because "Mommy and Vivian keep on telling [him] to." I tried the logic angle but I think it's time to put the fear of God in him...Debs?

Viv, I'm going to send you the CS2 disc James gave me. My computer doesn't have enough RAM to install it. (So frustrating). Can you send me back the CS disc I sent you? Your internship sounds so rewarding, I'm really glad you're getting a lot out of it.

Serins, good observation about the design article. I didn't even notice. Everyone thinks I wrote the article so next time I'll just link to the web page. Anyway, you can find that article and more on design and culture here.

I haven't been taking my Evening Primrose Oil regularly either. There's supposedly studies that it helps with the symptoms of PMS, like moodiness, as well as with eczema but of course, there's just as many people who say it doesn't work. Did it help with your moodiness? Is that what James said? Is it confusing that I speak of James and James without differentiating between the two? I feel like I should post a picture of James (the one I'm with) whenever I refer to him.

Did I ever send you guys the pics of Gong Gong's visit? I'll post on a slideshow and email it as well. Viv, can you show Mommy for me?

Deb, I'm not as updated with what's going on in the market. I'll ask around.

I suppose that's long enough. Thank you all for your time and patience. Ouvre.

No comments: