Wednesday, June 6, 2007

3rd day on the job

hi

I started my internship at AND on Monday and its pretty cool so far. I really like the people I work with. They are a very humorous bunch and they took me out to lunch at a pretty ritzy restraurant in the Westfield Mall. Get this: the man who designed the restraurant (Out the Door- he is also the man who owns the slanted door) used 60 different kinds of honey to create a lighted wall. It looks like amber in different shades. Its pretty cool.

http://www.lovetoeatandtravel.com/Graphics/Photos/SFBayArea/SF/WestField_Mall/Food/Out_The_Door_05.jpg

Other than that I've been learning Autocad which is kinda like that basic app they put on windows when we were kids. You know, the "paint" one, although I think its slightly more complex (they should have just designed it like the "paint" program). My boss is really nice. She let me redesign some community apartments which I think is kinda neat. I didn't think I would get the opportunity to do that. I have to say I've learned alot in the past two days.

I've also registered for classes.
I have 2 studios
Intro to the arts
American Modernism (I might change this to a lit class)

Other than that , not much going on.

I agree with you Em, poor poor animals. Did you know what a pangolin was before you read the article? I had to Wikipedia it to see for myself. What an odd odd creature.

How's the paint coming along Debs?

No comments: