Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Bathroom responses

Deb, I like the standard shower tiling but not the standard bathtub tiling. I like the neighbor's option bathtub tiling better - with the rectangular, smaller tiles all around. Is it more expensive to choose the neighbor option?

I agree with Viv on your paint choices. They're all neutral but I think that's nice. You can add brighter colors with window treatments and furniture. I know you have some artwork as well and that will personalize things.

I'm slightly confused about the main bath hall choices. So the large blue floor tile/small 1x1 blue backsplash tile/white sink tile is one choice OR green backsplash/cream sink tile. BUT....here is my question, if you choose the green option, what color are the floor tiles? Is it what's pictured below? The vinyl? And, if I can make a suggestion, if at all possible, I would advise against vinyl flooring. If you have to reprice the master bath options to afford tile flooring for the main hall bath, I would. Vinyl is a pain and looks cheap. It buckles and you'll end up replacing it with tile in the long run anyway.


Onto other things, I didn't mean to imply that Owen was out of control and in no way mean to put the responsibility on you, Viv. Skippy, after reading your post, I can only shake my head. Are you okay? They should make seat belts on office chairs for you. As for Hubert, you are going to have to find a data recovery tech person/company to recover everything unless you have a friend that can do it for you. You should be able to recover everything albeit at a cost. I'm buying an external hard drive for all my files as well. Try checking these out. Your profs should've been telling you to "Back up, back up and back up all of your work." You don't have to send me the CS disc immediately. I'll send you the CS2 disc first and once you get that, you can send me the CS disc back.

As for Mommy, I think everyone can attest to the fact that I am the least equipped to communicate with her successfully. So I have no tips for you. Except don't stomp away from her in the middle of the street in front of Gong Gong's old friends. Or leave her in a museum in a strange neighborhood - she will not call you back. As for Deb's suggestion? I don't know that talking will do anything but I suppose it can't hurt. I always opted for the side door and alcohol. Perhaps I'm exaggerating a little bit but honestly, the less I brought up with her, the less I had to argue with her. Debbie does have a better relationship with her though; maybe it will help to talk about harmless things with her, things you won't fight about - new restaurants, Gong gong, YiYi, crafty things, traffic. Otherwise drinking will look more and more appealing to you. I have a beer belly. I should post a picture. I'm going to draw a face on it and make it talk and post a video. And, no, I am not drunk now. I've made a resolution to stop because I want to be less bloated for summer. I've also started playing tennis with my roommate Dennis. I am getting...less bad.

Back to Mommy, I talked to her today and she seems to be looking forward to her trip to Seattle. I'm a little worried about her health though because she said that after finishing the antibiotics the doctor gave her, she still had some pain and itching. She felt that the American doctor couldn't help her (she said he told her "It's always going to be like that") so she's seeing a Chinese doctor. She said the Chinese medicine is helping but I don't want her to stop getting checked up by the American doctor. I think communication is the biggest hurdle for her. Do you guys know of anyone that can recommend a Chinese-speaking doctor that practices American medicine?

Back to Viv and her post, why do you want to stop going to the family dinners? I know they're not always fun, but I think Gong Gong does appreciate your company.

As for me, I've been without a working refrigerator for the past 3 weeks and being unemployed and always at home and constantly hungry, it's been inconvenient for me. My landlord said he would get us a new fridge today but of course, he has not shown up. Again. Like the last 15 times he's said he'd come over..to fix the fridge, to take a look at it. Why would I think he would actually come to replace it? Just because he said he would?

As for jobs. Bah. Fie on them. They all suck. Unless I want to be a foot model for foot fetishists. Which is apparently all Craigslist has to offer me.

No comments: