Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Okay, so the people in the pic

are, from left to right, Nancy, Michelle, me, Auntie Lucille (Daddy's twin), uh...the guy is Michelle's husband, and the older woman is Kum Po (Joyce Kwok), Daddy's aunt-in-law. Kum Po visited us years ago with Yeye, I don't know if you remember her. She used to call me "My Fair Lady" because I shared seaweed with Vivian and she used to call Debbie "Orange Chicken" (say it in Chinese) b/c Debbie threw a lot of temper tantrums while they visited. Of course I love her. Haha! Michelle is Daddy's cousin and Kum Po's daughter.

I don't think Auntie Lucille looks like Daddy, do you guys? I did have another dinner with Yeye and Uncle Cesar and Auntie Ella and one of their sons (Chris). They are so funny! Uncle Cesar does look a lot like Daddy. They were saying I should go karaoke and asking if I went to all the bars. My chinese was infinitely better with them, they were great. They said that Winnie had just been there last summer. Auntie Ella was trying to get me to take a picture with Chris so that I could "pretend" that I had a boyfriend. LOL. Uncle Cesar saw pictures of me and James on my camera but gave no comment. It's a trip b/c they're very Chinese. I didn't tell them that I was unemployed, the lifestyle is very different in HK. They're so hardworking, everyone works, they wouldn't understand why I wasn't working. It's good though b/c it put me back in the mindset of working and succeeding. Chris works in IT and Cyrus, their other son, is studying electrical engineering at HK University (which is supposed to be super-hard to get into). I think Daddy told them I was a lawyer b/c they asked me twice if I was.

Hmm.

No comments: