Thursday, December 6, 2007

They are Land's End

They're Land's End boots - they're black and have an orange lining. Maybe they're Mommy's? How horrible. I think I stole Mommy's boots from her. I'll bring them back just in case.

I am looking forward to this trip as well, though to be honest, I haven't had time to do as much research and planning as I'd like. I'm coping with a slump too and I waver between wallowing in it fully and just trying to get through. Work is hectic and I get frustrated because I can't seem to communicate with the people I work with. I am too straightforward and impatient and I feel, unfortunately, that these are not qualities that the women I work with appreciate. Also the woman that I worked with had her baby and left everything in a-shambles so I cannot make heads or tails out of any of her "files," though "mounds of paper piled on top of her desk like anthills but without the order" would be a more appropriate descripton. Sadly, I really like everyone else I work with but my work style is completely different. Sometimes I feel like I'm working with a colony of ADD sufferers.

We can help you unpack your boxes. That'll be our Christmas present - free labor. I think I'm going to get Owen a watch for Christmas. And maybe a pair of shoes. Serins, I'm really into sweater dresses right now so maybe I can find a cute one for you. Deb, don't worry about getting me a gift card - it shouldn't be about how much you spend. Just feed us good food while we're there and I'll be happy. I have my own slippers that I will bring. Viv, did you pick your new cell phone yet? I'm really happy that you're moving on from Compass. When is your last day? I'm reading this book that I think you'll like called, Devil in the White City. It's set in Chicago and follows the stories of two men during the construction of the World's Fair, one the lead architect and the other a serial killer. It's based on true facts. The architecture part is really interesting and the mystery is good so far. How is the house looking? Is Mommy still on a cleaning spree? What's the news?

Ugh. Just ate some tv dinner mac and cheese. My second dinner. Going to bed now. Night all.

No comments: