Saturday, December 8, 2007

I read that book too...

Devil in the White City is a great book! After I read it, I tried to look up pictures on the web regarding the Chicago World Fair. I had told viv about the book already, but I don't think she ever picked it up. Btw, the book had just showed up on my bookshelf (sf or seattle, I don't remember), but I didn't purchase that book. Maybe one of you guys had?
I think those boots are mine. I vaguely remember orange lining. Yes, please bring them up with you. All of us can use them here in Rain city.

I'm sorry that you both are having a difficult time at work. I just had my yearly review and it went well, but the current medical assistant just quit so I'm taking over a lot of her stuff. She wasn't very organized and like you said, Em, paperwork is in shambles. It has been and will continue to be very busy for the next month or more, but overall I still enjoy work. Do you at least like the job that you do, Em? What exactly do you do?

Serina, are still sick of work or have you found something you like about it yet? How do you get 20% off of apply products? Does the 20% apply to all apple products or just accessories? James' father has been wanting the new os. We're thinking about getting that for him, depending on how much it costs. If I have to budget my spendings for Christmas, then so does he.

I think I will get Owen an Old navy gift card. Then he could go pick out what he wants. Do you think he'll have fun shopping? Em, has he been asking for a watch? What kind are you going to get him?

Thank you for offering to unpack boxes. I think I'll take you up on it. Why don't each of you pick a room and decorate it? Of course you'll have to share your idea on decorating with all of us before actually executing it. It's not that I don't trust your style--well.... we'll make sure that it blends with the rest of the house. I'm planning to paint the master bedroom a light turquoise and the guest bedroom a light green. The rest of the house I'm open to ideas.

Regarding planning for the trip: I have lots of Seattle city touring ideas, so don't worry about that. As for your roadtrip, just take I-5 straight up. US101 is suppose to be really scenic but that will add 3 hours to your trip. What date do you guys plan to start driving? If it's the 22nd then that means that you won't get here till the 23rd. It's a 12 hr trip with just bathroom stops and 16 hr trip if you stop for meals and shopping. Did I tell you that the state of Oregon has no sales tax? Portland, OR is only 3 hrs from Seattle. What size car did you get again? Serina said economy but I think you'll need at least a mid-size for comfort. I do have some coupons from the Entertainment book for free upgrades depending on what company you booked with. Are you sure you still want to drive. Tickets from SFO-SEA are still $218 with Alaskaair, I think...

No comments: