Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Card Stuff

1st Cardmaking Series (Foamies)

I had seen some foamies at the craft store and thought they were neat. The cards are extra homemade as I had randomly cut the size I wanted and then had to make envelopes so they could fit.

2nd Cardmaking Series (template cards)

This time I got smarter about saving time cutting out paper and making envelopes. I just bought templates instead and "decorated" the cards.

3rd Cardmaking Series (Trip to Seattle / Visit to card expert)
Part A: Inspiring Style (Cute, quaint, clean. Thanks to Debs)

Debs made these while showing me one of her techniques.

Part B: Stamping Around



I'm messing around with Deb's stamp collection and experimenting with techniques based on looking at the various cards she has. I love the cupcake designs. I felt I was venturing with the green card with background stamping and ribbon; also, the pink & silver one with cutouts.

Part C: Back to Southern CA / Beginning Stamp Collection

From my first stamp collection of frogs.


Slim Cards/ Keeping it simple. I picked up some cheapy clear stamps in the dollar section and started messing around having dug through my random collection of cute papers, stickers etc. The fuzzy teddy bear is a sticker and I couldn't resist giving him a little shiny ribbon/bow decal on his neck. These cards are missing greetings/words and possibly ribbon.


Random summer one from clear stamps.


Decorating templates: These are unfinished, however, I liked the background design. These will be fancy wedding themed ones when I figure what to add...


My black/white series. Papyrus had a sale* on blank cards/envelopes. I thought they were neat.


My most expensive stamp to date (regular price, har har). I copied this entire card from the manufacturer's website (hero arts). I did it in blue though and added a bit of glitter. It's pretty but still looks a little plain. I may add some decor... or not, we'll see.

Last ones to date.

I thought the martini one was fun. I liked my choice of ribbon there. You can see I really like the teddy bears. Let's get a close up of one.


I know I said it already, but the teddy bears are FUZZY! I only have about 10 stickers of those though. I added buttons along the frame 'cuz I thought they were cute. They look a little bumpy since I opted to glue it on and the buttons didn't really make it flat. I might add a flower to the top right. It looks like something should go there but I also don't want to make it too busy looking.

*While I mentioned once it seemed my ideas/collections are quite random & chaotic with no particular theme, Em pointed out that wasn't true. I do have a common theme: "sale", hahaha! While it's hard to curb a habit, I did try to incorporate Debs style of "cute, quaint, & clean". :D

1 comment:

mle said...

I like the one with the donut. That is a card for every occasion. Every day. Because donuts - yay! Celebrate every day!